Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Arizona Part 2

This continues my visit to Arizona during my Fall 2015 Road Trip:

Grand Canyon

Hey now, you can't go to Arizona and not go see the Grand Canyon.



Quite a spectacle, indeed. I prepared a 167 mile loop on Tyre and visited the South Rim of the Canyon. The loop started in Williams, Arizona and Ended in Flagstaff, Arizona. If I could slip in a suggestion to those who may plan this trip, flip the start and finish points to start in Flagstaff and end in Williams.


The reasons I make this suggestion are twofold. First, the road from Flagstaff to the Canyon is almost as spectacular as the Canyon itself. There are a number of scenic stops along the way as well as Indian owned souvenir shops with some really cool stuff. It's a great start to the day, where the road up from Williams is plain jane Second, Williams is a great place to end a loop of this nature. While I've seen many attempts across the country where towns try to capitalize on Historic Route 66, Williams does it with style! Yeah, rolling into Williams on your way to the Canyon makes you wish you were ending your day there ... and that would be my recommendation.





Okay, onward to some shots along the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.











































No comments:

Post a Comment