Sunday, March 29, 2015

Outgoing Equipment

I've already agreed with my dealer to trade my 2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 toward the new Versys 1000. I've ridden the little Versys for a little over two years; all commuting and short range trips. It's in immaculate shape and runs like a champ. I got a pretty decent trade value so I can avoid wading through the Craigslist cess pool trying to sell it.


I've never had a single issue with the Versys650, warranty or otherwise. Its parallel twin engine is a hard working power plant that won't let you down. Low gearing was always and issue with the bike though. I'd always been right on the verge of changing out the 15t countershaft sprocket for a 16t to calm down the revs a little. Although I actually bought the new sprocket, I never installed it. Funny thing about parallel twins is that they take a few minutes to smooth out in higher speed, highway riding.


I would recommend the post-2010 Versys650 to anyone. It's been a true "versatile" performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment