Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bridgestone Battlax T30

Bridgestone Battlax T30s (non-GT Spec; F Code; 180/55-17 Front, 120/70-17 Rear) were OE on my 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT. I'm now replacing both front and rear with a new set of T30s after racking up 11,700 miles since just the beginning of April. 

Here's a look at the tires as I rolled in from my most recent road trip up to North Carolina.



Obviously, replacement of the rear is necessary, if not past due; the front has several hundred more miles on it, but I'm replacing it along with the rear as tires have a tenancy to go more quickly at the end of their life.

These Battlax T30 tires saw thousands of highway miles in many three-digit temp summer days. They also saw two extended trips into the curvy Smoky Mountain roadways for days on end. Lastly they carried me and the bike through one of the wettest summers in Florida history. They always held their lines on wet, dry, hot and cold surfaces. Where'd I test on cold surfaces? Check out my Pikes Peak post. All in all, the Battlax T30 are the type of tire that you quickly build confidence in. 

I'll be moving up to the GT-Spec version of the T-30 (B Code). The GT-Spec are designed to provide improved handling for heavier sport touring bikes (defined as >551 pounds laden). They're only a few dollars more than the base T30s and it will be interesting to see if I can get a longer life out o f them.


The  rear tire came in at $157 and the  front came in at $112; tax and all the rest is a nice round $300, pre install. I must say that the price point on these tires that rolled almost 12,000 miles can only be described as outstanding.





No comments:

Post a Comment