Sunday, September 20, 2015

Keys-Everglades Loop

Having now been delayed two weeks due to bad weather, I'm kicking off my three-day, 900+ mile Florida Keys and Everglades trip.


Below is my planning itinerary (no Interstates!):
  • Day 1: From Tampa, I'll be rolling down to Florida City, near Homestead, to spend the night before embarking on the Overseas Highway over to the Keys. I've done this ride many times in many different ways. 
  • Day 2: From Florida City we'll head over to Key West, which is about three hours (125 miles), so I'm hoping to make it back to Key Largo before the end of Day 2. I'll do my sightseeing from the saddle. 
  • Day 3: From Key Largo I'll roll over to Flamingo in the Everglades National Park. Getting to Flamingo is one road (State Highway 9336)  both in and out of that part of the Park. It's a nice scenic ride. Once out of the East side of the Park, I'll head north, pickup the Tamiami Trail over to Chokoloskee Island on the West Side of the Park. I'm hoping to stay on the island at the Park Marina. There's another place but I prefer the Marina.
  • Day 4: From Chokoloskee, I'll take my time heading back to Tampa, all back roads.


Once back from this trip, I've have the Barber Trip only a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment