Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Fuelly

I've been keeping the fuelings of my 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT logged on Fuelly since I purchased the motorcycle last March. Since then, I've logged 98 fuelings.

As I jotted the fueling info from my last fill up on March 14, I asked myself why I thought I needed to keep doing that. I mean, I keep track of my mileage regularly, but posting it on fuelly is more for other interested owners and future purchasers ... and on that note it would seem that over 20 thousand miles worth of postings would be enough information.


So, I think I'll discontinue logging my fuelings, but I'll leave the link in the right column. Here's where we wound up with 98 fuelings.

Miles per gallon:
   Average 44.8 mpg
   Highest 56.7 mpg
   Lowest   37.6 mpg

Average miles per fill up:
   Average   210.8 miles
   Highest   260.1 miles

Highest fill up of 5.475* gallons (tank size 5.5 gallons)

* I also had a 5.7 gallon fill up on October 16, 2015 in Fort Stockton, Texas (0.2 gallons more than the tank size). I suspect that some gas pumps are inaccurate, so I'd take this stat solely as an indication that the Versys is able to draw most all of the fuel from its tank. Other owners have indicated similar results.


No comments:

Post a Comment