Monday, July 6, 2015

Trip Planner

On Wednesday morning (July 8), I'll be kicking out of Tampa on my two-day run up to Lexington, Ohio for the AMA Vintage Days, one of the premier vintage motorcycle events in the United States! Vintage racing, the world's largest swap meet, thousands of vintage motorcycles ... it's gonna be great!

After spending a couple days at the Vintage Fest, I'll be heading out west to catch up on some sights that I missed on a previous trip back in 2012. During the summer of 2012, I rode a Yamaha Super Tenere from Tampa to Prudoe Bay Alaska. On my way back, I ventured out west with plans to spend time in Utah (specifically Moab), Colorado and Arizona. While I did make it to Moab, 36 days and over 11,000 miles had taken their toll on me physically. I barely made it home.

Now I have the time (and a great motorcycle) to catch up on the 2012 plans I missed out on. Here are a few: Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs > Meteor Crater in Winslow Arizona > Petrified Forest National Park > and Superstition Mountains/Apache Trail in Mesa, Arizona.


I should be able to handle the 5,400 mile trip without too much trouble. How well I handle the 14K elevation of Pikes Peak is a whole 'nuther story. Stay tuned...

1 comment: