Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Texas Math

Did I get an "optional" larger fuel tank on my 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT? Didn't know there was one.



According to the Kent Kwik Station, 2874 N. State Highway 18, Fort Stockton, Texas, I must have!

Yup, the tank spec is 5.5 gallons, but when I rolled off the Interstate with 217 miles on my fueling odometer, which is to say there was around half a gallon of gas left in the tank, I poured in 5.7 gallons. Amazing!

Could there be an explanation for this? Did they get the math wrong? The manager said they'll test the pump. Good idea, wink, wink.



Oh, and no, I didn't post a big rant and let it go at that. After doing some research, I found that Texas has a specific website to file complaints for this type of behavior and that's what I've done. Here's the LINK.  I assume the issue is now in good hands.

UPDATE:

Upon a "thorough inspection" by the State of Texas, I did not get screwed.


No comments:

Post a Comment